Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 26/11/2012 02:24, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In many cars nowadays, the headlamps are not user replaceable because
you have to remove other parts of the engine to get to them. That
maybe why so many cars now drive with a headlamp out.

I've been wondering whether the modern fetish for flashing lights to
say "Come On", "Thanks" and so on isn't causing lamp failures. I
thought that when you apply volts to a cold filament, there is a
sudden rush of amps.

Other hates are drivers who park, often just over the brow of a small
hill, on the wrong side of the road with the headlights on. Often
these are taxis waiting outside restaurants.
--
Bill

Oh yes ! That is my biggest lighting hate. I think it just goes to show
that during driving tuition, the principle of dipped headlights is not
taught, and the drivers who do this have no idea that a dipped beam on
the wrong side of the road, is straight in the face of an approaching
driver....

Some dipped beams. The cut-off on mine is flat across the entire width
and the car looks at the beam pattern when it starts up, so it is always
set correctly for the load. I do get an extra throw of light along the
verge, but only when indicating or making a turn.

Colin Bignell