Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 00:06:01 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

At the Aldi here you have to type your reg number into a terminal near
the tills, otherwise you get charged regardless of how long you stay.

That would cause me not to shop at Aldi.

Would be a major put off for me as well. The car park next to Waitrose in
Hexham is all Council Pay and Display, don't go there often but just over
the road is a big Tesco car park, 3 hrs free... Then there is the parking
arrangements for the "new" Sainsbury's in Penrith. There is open air Pay
and Display and a multi-storey. You obvioulsy have to cough up in advance
in the PnD but the multi-storey, I think is pay on exit with free parking
if you spend over £X in the Sainsbury's but how you get your free parking
I don't know. I never pay for parking unless there is no option, most
parking around here is free...

--
Cheers
Dave.