Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More fun

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:12:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

That's a bit cheaper than a new roof. If you could simply overlay the
new metal, that would cost $1,200 at minimum (local price is a buck a
foot for the 3' wide), plus underlayment, labor, hardware, and
finishing touches. Got equity to borrow against? Times are great for
those loans, with extremely low interest.

Zero credit history I haven't use credit in over 25 years.

That's the same problem I faced when I moved to Oreguns. Now I have a
handful of zero-balance credit cards and an excellent rating.

BTW, 'Bob' was one of my uncles. Lots of uncles, just no 'Uncle
Sam'. ;-)

Oh yes you do. Sam's your uncle by incestual rape, as he is for all of
us. sigh

I disowned that SOB, after some nin-com-puke E-8 threatened to court
martial me for lack of respect to 'Uncle Sam. He gave me an impossible
order, then threw a bitch fit when I pointed out his mistakes that we
didn't have the equipment to do what he wanted. the joke was on him.
He was told he had 15 minutes to submit the paperwork for my promotion,
or he would be an E-1 by the end of the day.

Most Excellent, duuuuuude. g Did that promote you out from under
him, I hope?

No, but he was terrified of the two star general who spent over half
a day to personally put my E4 pins on my uniform, and have lots of
photos taken as he gave me a letter of commendation.