Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:33:48 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Took the kids to LegoLand (Windsor) this summer. One day, there was an
ANPR inside the entrance logging everyone. I thought that was bloody
off.

Many car parks now have ANPR cameras on entrance and exit. Stay more than
the X free hours allowed and they send the registered keeper a parking
notice.

Have a closer look at the signage at any of your large supermarkets...
Saves the contracted parking company having to pay a man to walk around
with a note book and it'll get *every one* who overstays.

--
Cheers
Dave.

My son got a ticket sent to him as a result of one of those. He entered the
car park by one entrance, and left by another. Four hours later, he went
back in the entrance that he previously left by, and then left a short while
later by the entrance that he first went in. They sent him a ticket for
parking in there between the time that he first went in, and the time that
he finally left the second time.

Fortunately, he was able to prove absolutely that he was not in there for
all of that time, and that somehow, their system had missed him leaving and
returning by a different entrance. They accepted this, and cancelled the
ticket.

Arfa