Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

Whilst I agree with your rant, it can also be medical issues that make one
more sensitive to being dazzled by oncoming headlamps. Certainly that
happened both to my partner and to me. Luckily I didn't get too bad and
treatment has resolved it entirely. The other day was the first long
(multi-hour) trip in all blackness for several months and, when I got back
home, it was worthy of comment that not one single oncoming headlamp had
dazzled.

As so many people need to be able to drive even when not 100% medically
fit, attacking the badly aligned headlamps is, nonetheless, the first
priority.

--
Rod

I understand about age related issues with dazzle sensitivity, and I'm sure
that this plays a part in my discomfort, but that said, I'm fine with
headlights of any type that are correctly aligned. There just seems to be so
many of them now - and getting worse year on year - that are defective in
various ways, including misalignment. Also, the number of people that either
come at you or up behind you with their lights on main beam, is a lot higher
than it was a few years ago. Either drivers have become a lot more ignorant
or they just don't understand properly about dipped and main beam
headlights. If kids have taken all their driving lessons in daylight,
there's no reason for them to have any properly taught experience of how to
drive at night. I know that I had to educate all three of mine about correct
use of dipped and main beams.

Arfa