Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Folding chair cross bar repair without welding?

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:56:07 -0800, mike wrote:

On 11/24/2012 12:12 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 19:38:21 -0800, wrote:

One side of the cross bar on the bottom of a metal folding chair broke due
to a bad weld. I don't have welding equipment. What is the next best way to
fix this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55756213/IMG_0435.jpg

The only solution I can think of is to use an L-bracket and two hose clamps.
But there's got to be a better way.

I'd consider epoxy for metal. Maybe a strap clamp to keep things
together while it cures.

I used epoxy for metal on cast iron pedestal. Still doing fine.

Fix it properly or get a new chair.
Bad things happen to people when a chair does not meet their expectations.
A red-neck repair can lead to a trip to the emergency room
AND a trip to a liability lawyer.
It just ain't worth the risk.

I don't recall anyone telling him he needed to do this or that. He
was given ideas. Let him decide what is "red-neck".