Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_6_] Graham.[_6_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 14:14:08 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Bill wrote:

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In many cars nowadays, the headlamps are not user replaceable because
you have to remove other parts of the engine to get to them. That maybe
why so many cars now drive with a headlamp out.

I've been wondering whether the modern fetish for flashing lights to say
"Come On", "Thanks" and so on isn't causing lamp failures.

Modern!??

Everyone was doing that in 1975. Probably before...

Since cars have had electric lights at least!

I think there is still a clause in the Highway Code about not flashing
your lights as an invitation to proceed, but it's so common it's silly
to think people won't do it.

Also, if sounding my horn after 2200 has a fighting chance of averting
an accident, I sound it.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%