Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

"ARW" wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:08:13 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth wrote:

At the local garage recently someone pulled up in a car that had
both tail lights and one headlight out. I told the (woman) driver.
She told me to **** off and the police had already fined her do
they wouldn't do it again.

I wouldn't like to be on that. I know that, in theory, once you have
been prosecuted for an offence you can't be tried (note tried...) for
that *same* offence. But in this case I think it would be a new
offence of driving without working lights at a different time/date.

Think I'd have noted her registration number and reported it.

And I am surprised that the police had not issued a VDR form (or whatever
they are now called).

I wouldn't be surprised if, given the chip on her shoulder, she just
ignored them.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/