Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:08:13 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth wrote:

At the local garage recently someone pulled up in a car that had both
tail lights and one headlight out. I told the (woman) driver. She told
me to **** off and the police had already fined her do they wouldn't do
it again.

I wouldn't like to be on that. I know that, in theory, once you have been
prosecuted for an offence you can't be tried (note tried...) for that
*same* offence. But in this case I think it would be a new offence of
driving without working lights at a different time/date.

Think I'd have noted her registration number and reported it.

--
Cheers
Dave.