Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 02:16:37 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

DIY headlight bulb replacement should be banned. You ought to have to
take your car to approved garages where there is someone trained and
certified to change the wretched things correctly :-(

In many cars nowadays, the headlamps are not user replaceable
because you have to remove other parts of the engine to get to
them. That maybe why so many cars now drive with a headlamp out.

And it would only get worse if people had to pay for someone to change a
bulb. Be better to ban street lights IMHO, then people may actually
notice that they have a head light out. With the level of street lighting
in some areas you can't tell if you have lights on or not apart from the
dash being lit.

The roads around here are unlit for about six miles in any direction. Still
get dicks who drive around with lights out. They try to make up for it by
using fog lights. I don't think they are unaware - they just don't give a
****.

At the local garage recently someone pulled up in a car that had both tail
lights and one headlight out. I told the (woman) driver. She told me to
**** off and the police had already fined her do they wouldn't do it again.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/