Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default (OT) How to identify an idiot in public.

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 23:02:23 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Baseball caps are a stupid impractical device for that very reason.
Only an idiot would wear one.
They are just a fashion item.

They are very practical in some circumstances, such as playing
baseball on a sunny day. They do offer protection of the eyes. I
wear one when it rains as it keeps the rain off of my glasses better
than the wool driving cap that I usually wear for warmth.

They also offer some protection from dirt and dust, but so do most any
other hat. With the modern automobile, most hats that are much above
the head will hit the roof. That Fedora just does not make it in most
cars.