Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New regs to make furnace replacement more expensive

I do remember you menton her. Sounds like that furnace has been brought back
from destruction several times. She should start budgeting for replacement.

My parents cellar floods every now and again. It hasn't flooded since I
bought a sump pump and 75 foot of discharghe hose from Harbor Freight.

I also do odd jobs for folks, they know I can fix things, and won't cheat
them out of a lot of money.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I had repaired her furnace a year or two back after GB died when her
basement flooded and destroyed the control board. Some moron from
another service company had bypassed the flame roll-out switch which
resulted it the wiring harness being burned up. Repairing the wiring
and replacing the board had it running for at least a year but a few
weeks ago the furnace quit and I found that a delayed reaction with
moisture had damaged the circuit board in the Honeywell Smart Gas Valve.
I replaced the gas valve and everything was back to working as normal.
Me and GB had pumped out her basement several years ago and replaced the
sump pump, check valve and pipes. The later flood happened due to a
power outage during a heavy rain. Now I'm checking into a backup sump
pump solution for her. I'm going to take care of the elderly customers
as best I can because some jerk is going to show up and rip them off. My
late friend GB and me helped out a lot of older folks and last week I
was over at his 78 year old sister's place fixing
her tankless water heater. Now I have to put together a kit to clean
tankless water heaters. ^_^

TDD