Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In many cars nowadays, the headlamps are not user replaceable because
you have to remove other parts of the engine to get to them. That maybe
why so many cars now drive with a headlamp out.

I've been wondering whether the modern fetish for flashing lights to say
"Come On", "Thanks" and so on isn't causing lamp failures. I thought
that when you apply volts to a cold filament, there is a sudden rush of
amps.

Other hates are drivers who park, often just over the brow of a small
hill, on the wrong side of the road with the headlights on. Often these
are taxis waiting outside restaurants.
--
Bill