Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT What hours were the supermarkets open?

On Nov 25, 2:51*am, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:46:04 -0800, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:01:31 -0500, micky
wrote:

Where were you in the 50's?

I can't remember store hours. *I could walk across the street and buy
an ice cold coke and a candy for 10 cents. Gas station close by was
open from 6 am to 10pm. Gas was 25 cents a gallon. Kerosene was
cheaper. We could use glass jugs for a gallon of fuel.

The fish market across the street was opened around 8am.

Late 50's I watched train cars of military Armour passing by, staging
for the Cuban Missile Crises.

... make my last comment 1962

Almost War

Another defeat for the USA.