TomTom1 TomTom1 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.[_4_] View Post
TomTom1 wrote:
Any one have any diagrams? I am attempting to build a pan brake to bend
1/8 sheet metal up to 36 inches wide manuelly. Using 4 x 7.3 channel
iron and 1/4 x 4 angle. Will use 1/2 x 3 F.B. where needed. Thanks.

1/8" X 36" is going to take you a LOT more than the materials you
listed, and 36" bend in 8 gauge is going to be virtually impossible with
a manual unit. I don't know of a commercial manual that goes much over
12 gauge.

A 60 ton press brake with proper dies can do it.

--
Steve W.
I have a 50 ton press which is 25 inches wide and it will bend 1/4 plate with ease. It only takes 4 tons pressure to bend 1/8 (12 guage plate) I dont want to rebuild my press to accomodate the 36 inch width. Rather rebuild an entire new set up. And yes, 2 men on a 48 inch 12 guage box brake can bend a 36 inch wide piece of 12 guage.