Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Best Image Markup Software for PCBs?

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 08:59:51 -0800 (PST), KenO
wrote:

I should have mentioned am using various PCs all
which are using Windows XP to 7.

Would be nice if the software was small and can
be installed on a USB drive so I could install
once and use on all the PCs.

Look into various portable application systems:
http://portableapps.com
http://www.pendriveapps.com (Linux based will run Windows in a VM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_portable_software
The prime directive is "Thou shalt not use the Windoze registry". Once
you get used to that idea, and learn to ignore drive letters, things
start to work.

However, you may regret running things on a USB flash drive. When I
was doing that, it was difficult to keep all the apps up to date.
Also, USB drives vary RADICALLY in performance:
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/usb-thumb-drive-charts/benchmarks,109.html

Last unless really needed would like an easy to learn app
or at least have tutorials so make the learning curve less steep.

Gimp is not easy to learn.
Windoze Paint is trivial to learn.
Irfanview is in between. (be sure to also get the plugin collection).

I suggest Irfanview because it has other features that you're going to
need for documentation (crop, resize, color correction, line drawing,
effects, PDF support, batch processing, etc).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D