Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Folding chair cross bar repair without welding?

How about angle bracket, and a couple self drilling screws?

I wonder if you can get a threaded rod, long enough to go the width of the
chair. Drill a hole on either end. Put nylon stop nuts on the ends of the
rod, and cut or flex the rod off.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"bob" wrote in message
One side of the cross bar on the bottom of a metal folding chair broke due
to a bad weld. I don't have welding equipment. What is the next best way to
fix this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55756213/IMG_0435.jpg

The only solution I can think of is to use an L-bracket and two hose clamps.
But there's got to be a better way.