Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Union kills the twinkie

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 23:12:12 -0600, Ignoramus1661

On 2012-11-24, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:10:18 -0600, Ignoramus1661

On 2012-11-23, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...
A good article by someone who's had his annual salary drop from $43k/year
to $34k/year and Hostess wants him to go down to $25k/year:

So instead he gets 0 a year. Can you say "Pyrrhic Victory"?

The people who worked for Hostess, like drivers or bakers, should have
no problem finding another job. There is a huge demand for drivers
and, I assume, steady demand for bakers.

Would _YOU_ hire a guy who just shot down his last company in flames?
Me, either.

I would have no problems hiring a former Hostess driver, if he has a
good driving record. Right now, I am not looking for a driver, of
course, so this is hypothetical.

My surplus trading experience, though, makes me rather scared of any
kind of unions, though.

Smart man.

Gunner

1. Lie