Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Reaction to walnut and new TV-Stand - Mitigate Sag

On 11/23/2012 1:44 PM, Bill wrote:

I can't argue with your logic.

Absolutely nothing wrong with pocket hole joinery, but, with the
specific goal of using the previously discussed ideas/principles to
mitigate sag in wide casework, particularly plywood casework, pocket
hole joinery would not be something I would use as a substitute for the
joinery that those principles are based upon.

Paraphrasing a remark I read recently in
the introduction of a book on cabinetry and framework: There is an
extensive range of technique and devotion with which one may complete
a joint... And that was written long before Kreg was created.

Pocket hole joinery, not all that unusual to see in some antique
furniture, has also been around long before Kreg.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010