Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Incoming power cable fault

On 23/11/12 16:39, Richard Ford wrote:
On Nov 23, 3:06 pm, Richard Ford wrote:
My son has a fault on the underground cable coming into his house and
has no power at all.

The engineer sent out to trace the fault says that there is power at
the sub-station and his neighbours have power.

It looks as though they will have to dig up the road and driveway to
repair the fault.

Is there a way of measuring from the house fuse to determine how far
along the cable the fault is, so that they do not have to dig up all
100m of driveway. Not by my son obviously.

Your comments would be very useful before the diggers move in.

Thanks
Richard

They have supplied a generator to tide him over, so I guess it will
take some time to repair.

took two weeks to dig up and fix the 11KV here when the tractor and
trucks rammed a stone through the underground

If its justs a single 250V link its probably a bit quicker.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.