Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Retrofit-Grounding Fifties-Era House?

On Nov 22, 4:50*pm, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/22/12 1:04 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote: Per :
More of
an issue that the TV has a higher possibility of getting
zapped.

But no higher than now with no ground rod at all, right?

Yes, I would think the possiblility of the TV getting zapped
would be lower, not higher.
If it were me, I would rather have the antenna grounded
to a seperate ground rod that is not bonded to the main house
ground, rather than no ground at all. At least you have a
path for the main lightning current to follow and it's not
into the house. In addition to the mast being grounded,
there should be a lightning arrestor installed on the
signal cable.

Your observation about bonding later never happening rings
true...

* * A local mechanic claims there is nothing more permanent than
temporary.