Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Repair Sylvania Model 72032 LED Lite?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:02:08 -0800 (PST), KenO
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Measure the voltage across the zener and compare it against the markings on the zener's body. This should tell you if the supply is working correctly."

Am a electronics beginner which is the reason I am interested in trouble shooting this LED Lite.

How do I "Measure the voltage across the zener"?

With respect, voltage measurement is a very basic task. If you have to
ask this question, then you shouldn't be working on this device. There
are lethal AC voltages inside.

That said, here is the zener regulated supply:

Vin o-- R --|----|---o Vout
| |
Z C
| |

Z = zener diode
C = electrolytic capacitor on reverse side
R = series resistor

Measure Vin with respect to 0V, and also measure the voltage between
Vout and 0V.

Examine the markings on the zener.

- Franc Zabkar