yve lynch yve lynch is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
It's time to replace our carpeting again and I was thinking about the
possibility of installing hardwood flooring instead for all or part of
it. This would be the living room, dining room, hallway and bedrooms
only. The kitchen, bathrooms and entrance are tiled.

My wife said something about hardwood may be harder on older people
than carpeting, we're in our mid 60's, but I don't know about that.

Does anyone have any experience or preferences that may help me decide
which way to go?
Wood may be slippery and can cause more accidents than carpets. That's what I think your wife is saying. With carpets you can be sure that there are no slippery floors but it is also a bit costly in terms of maintenance. - yve

Last edited by yve lynch : November 27th 12 at 07:04 AM