Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default Vizio VX20L

My neighbor seems happy but her sight is not so good.
This model got very nice reviews for a clear, hi res picture. Personally, I
think something is still wrong when I compare to my normal PC monitor or LED
TV. But it is beyond my abilities to figure out how everything functions
"almost" perfectly but leaves the quality slightly deficient.
Total failure mode can be easier in that regard.
If anyone has any idea what would cause diminished dynamic range, please
post.
Thanks.

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Nov 20, 2:23 pm, "John Keiser"
wrote:
The specs say this model has a "700:1" contrast ratio.
Does that explain anything?

"John Keiser" wrote in message

Neighbor's TV. Complaint of poor image quality.
I fixed her Dell LCD monitor, replacing a few caps and a driver so she
hopes I can help her again.
Powers on, sound is fine. Image is stable but quality is noticeably
poor.
Using the cable input, factory default settings are washed out.
Custom settings work but best balance between brightness and contrast
still leaves a lot be be desired. The quality might be described as an
old CRT TV on a bad day.
Using the RGB [VGA] input, colors are way off. Would not be useable as a
monitor.
I removed the back and my ESR found no bad caps. No obvious failures.
This is problem too subtle for me.
Any hints on how to proceed?
Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

maybe, that's a very low number compared to what most sets claim.