Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Removing paper backing from old Plexiglas

On 11-15-2012 10:44, Robert Green wrote:
Yesterday I was about to toss all the Plexi scraps I have because the paper
backing is stuck on so tight it can't be peeled off. I decided to try
laquer thinner, assuming it was going to melt the plexiglass since they were

I haven't tried it on plexiglas, but I've often put stubborn glues in
the dishwasher. Have yet to find anything that leaves even a trace
after one cycle.

Of course I also haven't tried it on anything subject to water damage.

Also in the dishwasher: I bought a used computer which worked fine
except that the keyboard must have been used for years to protect the
table cloth from syrup and grease drippings. Dishwasher fixed that,
too. Typing on it now. (You do have to drain them well and give them a
few days to dry completely before plugging them in.)

--
Wes Groleau

Is it an on-line compliment to call someone a Net Wit ?