Jim Martin

Default Unisaw R/I motor rotation direction question

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Take it to a competent motor man.

Hi Keith:

Turns out that I had to rotate the brush holder WAY past the indicator mark.
Runs great now and does not have that acceleration lag we talked about last
week. That lag was apparently due to the fact that the motor was wired for
220 but the plug was a 110. Not sure how your saw is set up but if you have
that lag you might want to check the wiring. Anyway, once I wired it up
properly it insisted on running the wrong way till Rob Peterson recommended
rotating the brushes much further than the idicator marks.

The $200 Unisaw (well now I guess it has added up to a little over $500 with
$50 worth of bearings, a $210 fence, and a $47 top) is now ready to go to
work for another half century.

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers,