Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Browser

Spuckle wrote:

On 2012-11-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I didn't like the way Chrome kept doing things in the background on my
Win7 box after I'd told it not to. It felt like a gaping back door
directly into my data, a feeling I didn't much like. Chrome was gone
from my box within 4 hours of installation.

I see a *lot* of security warnings about Chrome in the CERT
advisories. Since it won't run on my Solaris systems anyway, I don't
worry about it. But it seems to currently have more frequent advisories
than IE does, if you can believe that. :-)

I don't like that it didn't switch to a new tab when you opened it.
Firefox does.

There *may* be an option to turn that behavior on.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I looked & there's not, but there's a few addons to do it.

I use one called "newtab"

Noted for future reference.