Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Scrap value of old cooker

"Wesley" wrote in message
I recently bought a new oven from Argos which is to be delivered on the
weekend and I paid about £8 for them to take away and recycle our old
cooker.

Tonight I noticed a wanted ad on our local Freecycle website for an
electric cooker. I replied and they are collecting it tomorrow - for
free.

It got me thinking.

What is the 'weigh in' price at the scrappers for old cookers, which are
very heavy and almost 100 per cent metal, and does this outweigh what
Argos are charging me for recycling. If the 'weigh in' price is greater
that the price I am paying to have the cooker recycled, then it would
appear to be a nice little earner for Argos.

It also got me wondering if the ad on Freecycle was from a person who
genuinely needed an electric cooker or some pikeys collecting scrap metal.

Probably £5-£10.
So hardly worth driving to the nearest scrap yard.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)