Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default (OT) Welcome back the Newspaper boy

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:49:02 -0500, Notat Home wrote:

I thought usenet would die when all the ISPs stopped offering it, but it
has managed to survive as I think the internet does not often offer a
similar service. But I think also that the only people using usenet are
old-timers who are hanging on. Younger people do not even know it is
there. None of my kids, all adults now, knows about usenet.

I agree that usenet is mostly older people. But at least 90% of the
groups are dead. That's the reason that the surviving groups, such as
alt.home.repair have more off topic posts, such as this one, because the
appropriate groups are dead. I have asked young people if they use
"newsgroups" or "usenet". You're right, none of them know what that
means..... But they sure try to get people like me to join their (BARF)
Facebook!!!! No Thanks!