Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - Speaker Wire, Crackling Speakers

gregz wrote:
....snip...

Twisted is not going to be better than close pairs. Close pairs eliminates
common mode noise. Twisted brings it up in higher frequency rejection, and
when run with other close pairs in close proximity.

Along with my unstable comment, that would include oscillations as
mentioned by another poster.

Bigger amp, less prone to stability problems.

Ferrite core, may or may not help. Adding series resistor may help.

Seems like you best need to stay with larger gauge wire.

Greg

Seem like that to me too. It's working fine with the 16g, so I'm not
messing it with it anymore.