Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default High temperature thread sealant

I"m concerned that this is why head 'gaskets' are blowing out with this
Alcohol gasoline we have now. New cars likely have something that handles
dual fuels but not older cars and trucks.

Martin

On 11/20/2012 4:26 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've used Permatex IIb non hardening, for auto gasket applications. Should
work on threads. Messy, but alcohol cleans it off skin. Not much cleans it
off clothing.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"whit3rd" wrote in message

Auto stores stock a variety of (usually Permatex brand) sealants
in RTV silicone, including a variety of removable sealants.
If you ever replace/repair threaded fittings, the nonremovable
ones are not recommended.