Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Induction Cooking Table : IGBT keeping to short !

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:50:17 +0100, cLx
put finger to keyboard and
composed:

A day my induction cooking table did not work anymore (an Brandt TI302BS1).
Opened it, saw a couple of IGBT in bridge configuration (two IRGP4068D), and
the bottom one was shorted. Got some spares, replaced the shorted one, power
on : OK.

Two steaks later (in fact, 1 1/2 uses), got some unsuspected shutdowns, and
sooner, the same IGBT shorts again. What I need to check before daring to
replace the transistor and to retry to power on the beast again ?

I've traced a bit the schematics, but it's obviously incomplete :
http://clx.shacknet.nu/random/IMG_5802.JPG

I don't have any experience with these appliances, but my approach
would be to replace both IGBTs and all the capacitors, especially the
two 0.68uF film or polypropylene (?) types.

- Franc Zabkar