Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Reaction to walnut and new TV-Stand - Mitigate Sag

On 11/20/2012 11:45 AM, Bill wrote:

With exposed-dowel joinery on veneered plywood, do you take down the
dowel with a sharp chisel?

Flush cut saw

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...FehDMgodSHAA7Q

At least the way the FWW article started, the emphasis concerned natural
changes in the wood due to it's environment. I understand we want a
"strong box" lying on it's side. I'll keep reading! : )

Pretty much ...

I might need a "floating tenon" if I attached my plywood box to a
natural wood base frame, huh?

Not necessarily ...

I like to try to let you know that it's
not all going over my head! : )

That part did.

Example of one of the principles of this particular casework
construction method:

"... if one part meets along another's length, use multiple through tenons."

Notice the through tenons in the photograph (trimmed flush):

http://e-woodshop.net/images/MSBDTCase3.JPG

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010