Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24)

Phil K wrote:
I just had an Ideal Logic 24 combi boiler installed in the ground
floor coat cupboard of my 3-bed semi. It's all working properly, but
it sounds quite noisy from within upstairs rooms. Surprisingly, if
you stand right outside the boiler cupboard, it sounds very quiet -
even if the cupboard door is open. From upstairs, it sounds like a
Boeing 747 just prior to takeoff. I guess it must be sending its
sound waves directly upwards rather than outwards. Or could the sound
be the actual copper pipework resonating?

I've been thinking about installing some kind of soundproof ceiling
in the cupboard. Or is there some other remedy I should try first?

Have a length of plastic pipe on the flow & return at the boiler to reduce
noises running through the copper pipes.

Ideal are not the best of boilers.