Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Sawdust

On 20/11/2012 10:58, mogga wrote:
I am hopefully going to be after sawdust shortly.

Any places likely to give it away?
(Have yellow pages and thomson directory at the ready...)

Is there an established market for it already or will there be
plentiful amounts to scrounge?

What do you want it for? Many years ago in harder times I used to get
sawdust for my wife's guinea pigs from a local workshop where they made
bespoke window frames mainly from softwood but some hardwood.

I stopped because we were getting high levels of miscarriage and birth
defects. I never established whether they were using treated timber, I
just stopped using it.

They were happy for people to take it away, though.