Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Lawnmower Battery Question

On Monday, November 19, 2012 7:06:47 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd say inside. Only takes one freeze, to kill it.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

"Kate" wrote in message

I have a Murray electric start lawnmower. I know that I am supposed to

unplug the cable during the winter months.

Is it safe to leave the battery, unplugged, in the mower which is stored

in the shed, or is it best to store the battery inside where it is warmer?

Thanks all.

Kate

My lawn tractor battery stayed in the tractor over winter last year and the temperature went down as low as -40 at times. This Spring
the motor started with one turn of the key. Fully charged in the
Fall should get 'er through. If this battery is OLD...keep it in
a shop or garage and trickle charge it once a month or so.