Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower Battery Question

On 11/19/2012 7:29 PM, gregz wrote:
Kate wrote:
I have a Murray electric start lawnmower. I know that I am supposed to
unplug the cable during the winter months.

Is it safe to leave the battery, unplugged, in the mower which is stored
in the shed, or is it best to store the battery inside where it is warmer?

Thanks all.

Kate

Don't freeze it unless its on charge. In order to keep life, you must
periodically charge it, or have some magical float charger. What do the
manufactures recommend?

To much charging is not good.

Greg

There are little heating pads made for batteries in vehicles and for
gensets installed in areas that experience very cold weather. You can
find them at any truck parts supply company. ^_^

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/60-w...FQsGnQodyCUAuQ

http://tinyurl.com/d335drd

TDD