Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Repair Sylvania Model 72032 LED Lite?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 07:50:05 +1100, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:08:14 -0800 (PST), KenO
put finger to keyboard and composed:

If you are the only person interested in the photos, it would be easiest to send them to you.

I have taken the liberty of uploading your photos to my web space:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/Sylvania_LED_light/

The component below the fuse looks like it may be a series resistor
for the zener diode (ZD1). Together they would constitute a crude
zener regulated DC supply.

Measure the voltage across the zener and compare it against the
markings on the zener's body. This should tell you if the supply is
working correctly. I expect that there would be a filter capacitor on
the reverse side of the PCB (could we see that as well?).

- Franc Zabkar