Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Dart thrown at LCD pc monitor

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:52:11 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 10:57:54 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

I assume it punctured the active surface as a small hole shows permanently
white . I would have expected a line and or row or a few such lines to be
non-funtioning, at least one side of the hole, why not?

Get an automobile windscreen glass repair kit. Plug the hole.
Set the background color to white and you'll see less of the white
dot.

Have you done this? Seems like a very tiny "drop" of something grey
or black would be better. Maybe that epoxee that comes out grey,
either PC-70 or the one in tubes which is thinnebut if you get a small
enough bit, maybe it won't run. The second is famous but I can't
remember the name.

II've used the windshield repair kit and the tube that the stuff is
pumped through is at least 3mm. Won't that cover lots of lcds?