Posted to sci.electronics.repair
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Sensor light protection

N_Cook wrote:
F wrote in message
nd.com...
What would the cheapest way to protect a sensor light from spikes?
I live out of the city and when the power drops out every so often the
sensing portion of sensor light blows, But the spikes are not enough to
damage anything else.Keep replacing sensor lights.
This time I might investigate sensor circuit and see what is faulty.

PIR sensor ?
There is some safety routine that applies to some such PIR in the event of a
powercut , they have to be reset, find the instruction manual

These are cheap and nasty thingos.when you switch them on once they set
themselves, if you switch them twice in quick succession they stay lit,
if you switch them off,wait 10 sec.then switch them on once they revert
to pir operation, tried this and they do not work in sensing mode.
I was thinking of some suppressor to put in circuit to protect against
spikes.