Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D. Danny D. is offline

Default Is a single torsion spring garage door supposed to have acenter bearing?

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:30:33 -0800, Oren wrote:

See my single and double doors:
http://tinypic.com/r/21m4syf/6

Hi Oren,

I see that 2x6 vertical stud - which I envy - as mine is just in
gypsum board. That picture gives me an idea to copy - except I'm
a bit worried about the extra 2 inches, having never installed a
garage door opener before.

Why I mentioned cutting the sheetrock out...
http://tinypic.com/r/70upf9/6

Interesting. You have that "cripple stud" on the rollers too.
If I cut the sheetrock out, I might gain the 2 inches that I lose.

Both doors have nylon bushings in center bracket.
http://tinypic.com/r/2nk0zk0/6

The roller in that picture looks bigger than the track!

See the 4" vertical support for the track.

Very sturdy. I don't have that. Mine just have the track brackets
but not that nice steel vertical support. I envy your setup!