RzB

Default Drum Sander

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:01:30 +0100, "RzB"
wrote:

a number of the furniture makers raved about
Drum Sanders.

Horizontal or vertical ?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=629004M

Horizontals, aka "thickness sanders" or "poor mans wide belt sanders"
are very useful. They're a thickness planer that leaves a fine
surface finish, and that can be used on assembled frame and panels
constructions without demolishing them. OTOH, they take almost no cut
depth.

Thanks for your response...
Ahh - yes I understand vertical drum sanders -
they were talking about large horizontal machines.
I guess like the Axminster one you indicated.
I think they were probably talking about larger
professional machines.

Any idea of the Pros/Cons of different mfgrs and
what to consider when purchasing?
Thanks,
Roy