Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Electric Chainsaw Recommendtions?

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 07:47:33 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 06:55:02 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

I see a lot of folks complaining about their electrics-- I've been
happy with both my Remingtons.

Though I will say there probably isn't 100 hours on the pair over the
last 10 years. But that is what they are best at. Sit on a shelf
for years, fill the chain with oil and fire up with no prep for 5
minutes- and then put them back on the shelf.

If I was going to use a chainsaw for 8 hours at a rip- or more than
3-4 times a year, I'd get another gas saw-- For my use, an electric
is ideal.

Jim

Exactly, it comes down to use. Cutting an occasional 2" branch if
fine, but if you are felling a few 150' oak trees and cutting it to
firewood, you need the right tool. In either case, the chains has to
be sharp.

For really light work, a battery powered reciprocating saw is even
better, no cords to drag out to the tree.

If the work is *that* light, I'll have my folding pruning saw on my
belt and take those branches off in about 3 strokes. [or I'll use my
loppers]

Jim