Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT -- deer hunting success

Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 11/18/2012 5:27 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

Should wind up with close to a hundred pounds of venison in the
freezer.

Life is good.
Bob Martin wrote:

Not for the deer!
The "Bambi" complex has lead to serious problems in several
suburban areas, especially in the Eastern half of the USA.

"Bambi" has no natural predators in the Eastern USA thus they have
multiplied like rats.

Except for the runaway coyote population

Then the coyotes are not doing their job. I believe the number one
cause of auto insurance claims is deer collisions.

Nope - they can't keep up with the deer population. They are simply a
natural predator of deer - that's all I stated in response to Lew's comment.

You mentioned the Bambi complex. It is difficult to argue with a 6
year old, when you are on a hike, that Walt Disney is not the ultimate
authority on the life of a deer. Especially when they are aware a
second fawn is following you 10 or 20 feet off of the trail as you try
to take pictures of the mother and her other fawn

I did not mention that - Lew did.

--

-Mike-