Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WI FI Radio

In article ,
Sam Plusnet wrote:
In article , grimly4
@gmail.com says...

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:58:12 -0000, Sam Plusnet wrote:

If you could use a Freeview box to supply the feed instead...

Or a Sky box - dozens of free radio channels on that. I think I might
utilise the suggested FM mini-broadcaster with that.

Freeview seems to have 25 radio channels, according to
http://www.freeview.co.uk/Channels - although I'd be hard pushed to find
more than 4 I would ever use.

Choice between Sky & Freeview would depend on what hardware you already
have. I can't imagine someone subscribing to Sky just for the radio.

You don't need the Sky subscription for radio. But do, of course, need a
dish. Or just use any old satellite dish/receiver.

If you had an aerial & a Freeview box from which you only took audio
output, I assume you wouldn't need a TV licence.

Dunno.

Mind you I wouldn't think it possible to select radio channels on the
Freeview box without using a TV to set it up.

Many - especially older - only listen to the one station anyway. Although
a cheap FreeView box with a front panel display of the (favourite?)
selected would be useful. However, most retain their memory even when
powered down, so getting to the station you want is possible via the
remote control, after you've set things up using a TV.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.