B a r r y

Default Dangers of wood stove in shop without dust collection

On Mon, 03 May 2004 12:07:17 GMT, "js"
wrote:

Am I looking at a fire hazard
here?

Only if your dust collector isn't grounded. Oops! Wrong thread! G

I would do it, but I wouldn't use solvent based finishes or glues
while it was lit. I'd also be picky about where the stove was located
compared to major dust generators, like router tables, power saws, and
sanders. Care should be taken to keep the area around the stove, and
the stove itself, clean. I have an oil-fired furnace in my shop right
now, complete with internal open flame.

Just 'cuz I would do it, dosen't mean you should. It's not my fault
if you blow up.

Barry