Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Tektronix FG507

"Charles" wrote in message ...

I fired it up today and no joy. Took off all the covers/shields and tested
all the fuses and still no joy. Reseated all the connectors and ICs.

Finally, after repeated power on/off cycles it started to work.

Any ideas? I need this generator for an important project but can't rely on
it now. Any suggestions?

Lots of helpful replies here, but looking for alternatives, I found this:
http://www.neobits.com/instek_sfg_21...FRRbnAodpnoAgQ

No way that I am going to pay for a schematic/service manual (from a
questionable source) and pay for an adaptor to power the FG507 so I can work
on it when the link above promises so much more.

Repair is not always the best option. Recycling and replacement is
sometimes better. Sad. Really liked the FG507.

Thanks!