Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Train hits parade float in Midland TX carrying veterans - anyone got video of this?

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 06:18:52 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I wonder from how far away the train going 62MPH would
have been visible? If it only became visible a short
distance away, that could explain a lot of it. Still, with
the signals and gates apparently working, it being
daylight, it's really a strange one.

You have to put this in context though, not being there, we don't know
the circumstances. I've seen parades that have fire trucks and rescue
equipment blasting horns and sirens. The gate signal would have been
lost, as would flashing lights. Train horn may have just been one of
many horns sounding.

More info needed.