Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Train hits parade float in Midland TX carrying veterans - anyonegot video of this?

On Nov 17, 8:09*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 04:58:10 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

I only wonder why more people didn't jump off.

Some were injured vets in wheelchairs so jumping may not have been
much of an option.

Yes, that thought crossed my mind too and it may have
been a factor with some of those injured. But so far,
from what I've seen in the media, it doesn't seem to
be the biggest factor. There have been reports about
the 4 killed that go over their war records, injuries, etc
and from what I've seen so far, none of them appeared
to have disabilities that would have prevented them from
jumping off. I guess you could be blocked in by a wheelchair from
someone else though....

I wonder from how far away the train going 62MPH would
have been visible? If it only became visible a short
distance away, that could explain a lot of it. Still, with
the signals and gates apparently working, it being
daylight, it's really a strange one.