Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil K[_2_] Phil K[_2_] is offline

Default Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24)

RJH wrote in news:50a6a26c$0$15072$c3e8da3
:

I've got the Logic 30, newly installed. I don't think it's overly noisy
as these things go, but I will box it in when the time comes.

The 4 minute thing is either 'fan purge' or 'pump overrun' - does it not
say that on the display? This suggests to me that the noise is more pump
than burner.

Hi,
Thanks for the input.

My main complaint is a high pitched tone that can be heard in the
bathroom, directly above the boiler, and throughout the house in the
dead of night. Previous house with identical boiler did the same.

I hear similar occasionally, just as something inside the boiler is
shutting off (valve or burner flame; I'm not sure which). That's what it
sounds like to me, anyway.

PK